The Biblical Lies of God and Jesus

While the Bible is used so swear oaths on from the court room to political office and is often heard in the popular statement, “I’ll swear on a whole stack of Bibles.” evidently few people who use the Bible as a moral and ethical guide have ever really considered the true character of its two deities!


Divine Lie 1
Yahweh has all 400 of his holy prophets lie to King Ahab so God can get this king killed in battle:

"Then the king of Israel gathered the prophets together, about four hundred men, and said to them, “Shall I go against Ramoth-gilead to battle or shall I refrain?” And they said, “Go up, for the Lord will give it into the hand of the king.” (1 Kings 22: 6)


Divine Lie 2
Jehoshaphat knows God has His prophets lying to Ahab and tells him to send for the prophet Micaiah who  confirms that God is indeed a lair:

 "Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the LORD. I saw the LORD sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left.  “The LORD said, ‘Who will entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said this while another said that. “Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, ‘I will entice him.’  “The LORD said to him, ‘How?’ And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.’  “Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; and the LORD has proclaimed disaster against you.” (1 Kings 22: 19 – 23)


Divine Lie 3
The Prophet Jeremiah accuses God of being a deceiver and a liar:

"Then I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Surely You have utterly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, ‘You will have peace’; whereas a sword touches the throat.” (Jeremiah 4: 10)


Divine Lie 4
Jeremiah again accuses God of lying:

 "O LORD, You have deceived me and I was deceived; You have overcome me and prevailed. I have become a laughingstock all day long; everyone mocks me." (Jeremiah 20:7)


Divine Lie 5
 God will lie to anyone He doesn't like so God can have a excuse to kill them:

"And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel." (Ezekiel 14: 9)


Divine Lie 6
God lies to Adam about the Tree of Knowledge:

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” (Genesis 2: 17)

God’s lie is further exposed when the talking snake tells Eve the truth.

The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die! “For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”  (Genesis 3: 4)


Divine Lie 7
God lies to cover-up his lies:

He who practices deceit shall not dwell within my house; He who speaks falsehood shall not maintain his position before me.” (Psalm 101: 7)


Divine Lie 8
God lies about his holiness to cover up more of his lies:

There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:

Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,

A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil,

A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers." (Proverbs 6: 16 -19)


Divine Lie 9
Jesus lies to his apostles and lies as a sales pitch to get converts.

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."  (John 14: 11 – 14)


Divine Lie 10
Jesus lies about his Second Coming:

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16: 28)


Divine Lie 11
Jesus lies about both the Jewish people and Satan:

You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.”  (John 8:44)

[Comment on the Book of Job:
If any apologists wants to claim that Satan (and not God) in the Book of Job is both a murder and a liar, then prove your case.  Job's family clearly states that it was God who did all the harm to him, his wealth and his family: Then came there to him all his brothers, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought on him. (Job 42: 11)

This fact of theodicy is first stated by Job’s in his opening statement of the book: "He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD."  (Job 1: 21)

Biblical facts prove that Satan never murders or lies! ]

Divine Lie 12
Jesus lies about the amount of and power of faith:

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17: 20)


Ironically, the Biblical authors of the Old and New Testament end up defending and then (unknowingly) condemning their own Gods:

 “He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a man, that he should change his mind." (1 Samuel 15: 29)   (Yeah, like creating a world full of animals and humans only to later destroy all life in a flood . . . and God is not changing his mind?  Please!! (Genesis 6: 6- 7)   Divine Lie 13)

 "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." (Revelation 21: 8)

0 comments: