57 Behaviorial Biases That Make Us Think Irrationally

Here are 57 behavioral biases that we all have to some degree. I commend everyone to look through them all. Take your time. Consider each one of them. I've said it before and I'll say it again. We human beings do not think or act all that rationally. So we need to check what we think against objective tests, scientific ones. No wonder believers object to science in those rare areas that go against their faith. It's because they do not wish to test their faiths objectively, preferring their subjective, private cognitive biases, just as other believers do in other faiths. They will even turn this back on us with the all too common "you too" fallacy: "Hey you don't believe because you have these biases too!" Listen up. I know I'm not all that rational as a human being. But recognizing this fact, just as an alcoholic who admits he's an alcoholic, is the first step towards change. Once we admit we all have these biases, the only thing left to do is to check what we think against objective tests, scientific ones. What's there not to understand about this? No, really, I want to know.

0 comments: