Paul Tells Us in His Last Letter (Romans) That God Has Alzheimer’s Disease

Paul tells us in his letter to the Romans that "Jesus is at the right hand of God interceding for us" (ἐντυγχάνει ὑπὲρ ἡμῶν = Present Indicative or to keep doing intercession for us) in Heaven. (Romans 8:34, NIV)


Yet, even with all this pleading by Jesus, Romans 14:12 tells us that each person is going to have to step up and “will give account to God” (δώσει τῷ Θεῷ = Future Active Indicative) or we must tell God exactly what sins we did.

If we take the Bible seriously; we have an image of "Jesus being presently at the right hand of God interceding for us" in Heaven with the following scenario on how this action is playing out. So according to St. Paul, as each Christians commits a sin (based on both the Jewish Torah as well as the New Testament) we have this scene in Heaven:

God: "Sinner, you stand condemned!"
Jesus: "You must forgive him Father for I died and shed my blood for him!"
God: "Oh yeah, I remember now. O.K. But what about that other sinning Christian right there?”
Jesus: "Forgive her father. I died and shed my blood for her too!"
God: "Oh, I remember now. O.K."

God: “But what about that person right over there?”
And again, God try’s to condemn a sinner and yet again, Jesus intercedes for them by pleading his blood as shed on the cross.

Jesus, now after 2,000 years and for the googolplex time: "Forgive him father. I died for him / her!"
And God for the googolplex time: "Oh yeah! Now I remember . . . O.K: Forgiven!"

Ironically, it’s little wonder neither God nor Jesus have time to answer prayers since both are in an eternal Catch-22 Situation; one of eternal condemning and interceding.

Finally, here’s how salvation sounds in Heaven (at least to the angles).
God: "Baugh, Baugh, Baugh: Condemed!"
Jesus: "Baugh, Baugh, Baugh: The Blood!"
God: "Baugh, Baugh, Baugh: Forgiven!"

F-O-R-E-V-E-R! (I'd love to see a Christian theologian get out of this dilemma!)

{As for as Romans14: 12 is concerned (with God being as forgetful as he is), I plan to lie and march myself right on into Heaven!}

Harry McCall

0 comments: