My Old Friend and I Are No Longer Friends

I ended our friendship. I wrote about Bill before, and even sent him that link. Here is the rest of the story. I decided that if Bill wants to evangelize me I would send him some links to DC and to some additional books, so I did. Then this:
Hi Bill,

You are bat crazy, a loon, if you actually believe what you are saying.

Even when I was a Christian I would see it is fruitless to engage a person like me, as you have done.

I don't think you understood me as a minister and you utterly fail to understand me now. My educational experience put me head and heels over most everyone you had probably known. I am an intellectual. You are a child treating me like I am a child and that offends me more than you can possibly know.

Someone like you who continues in this vein will be blocked and our friendship over. Your choice. But I laugh at your feeble simplistic ignorant delusional attempts at engaging me.

Or, you can try to explain to me how a person can be 100% God and 100% man, or how Jesus' death on the cross does anything at all by way of forgiving us from sins, or how a spiritual being such as God can interact with a material world... The list is endless.

Only if you want deal with these arguments will I engage you further.

Best Wishes,
John W. Loftus
And this:
Bill, you said to me, "And you claim to have an OPEN MIND?"

I most certainly do.

It is YOU who do not have an open mind

Best Wishes,
John W. Loftus
--------------------------

Then I get a series of emails in response from him all basically saying the same damn thing:
Ya know...when ya hit the ball on the sweet spot of the bat you knock it right out of the park. There is no sweeter sound to the ear of a ball player. 6 e-mails in one day, the first coming at 4:32 A.M. Hmmmm...sure sounds like the sweet spot to me. And that is not chest thumping as you call it...that is REALITY. Hit a nerve did I John. And "ARGUMENT"

You call it about the existence of Satan. Smoke and mirrors, conjecture, opinion, ignoring and or avoiding facts already in evidence, side-stepping...YOU HAVE NO FOUNDATION. A house of cards at best. Speculation and "Oh Lord I hope this is right" is what I saw on EVERY page of that material, John...and you know it. Why not just come clean and admit you have no case. WOGPIL...WithOut God Purpose Is LOST...and so are you...
------------------

So I ended it and blocked him. I guess he didn't believe I would, but then he didn't believe anything else I said:

Bill, you are a loon, bat shit crazy, dumber than a box of rocks, mentally straitjacketed and brain incontinent.

Stay away from me with this shit. Fuck off numb nuts. I refuse to be friends with utter idiots like you.

You don't get it. You can't.
-------------

Sorry about the language folks but I have been online blogging daily for over five years and I hear this crap all of the time from believers I don't know. But coming from a friend who should know better? WTF? He probably thinks he's the chosen one called by God to turn me around precisely because he is/was a friend. "Ahhh yes, I have a better connection to John because we know each other pretty well. I am God's ticket." Yeah, right. Go fuck yourself.

0 comments: