I'm Going to Be Taking a Much Needed Break

I've decided to take a break from Blogging. It may be for a day or a week or a month, I don't know. What I do know is that I spend too much time here and neglect to do other things, like earn some money. At the very least I'll not be posting as much. I have much more to say so it may be hard to stay away. In any case there is a lot to read in the archives. You should become a Follower or a Subscriber to this Blog if you don't want to miss anything. Keep in mind I'm still available for speaking engagements. An interview of me is going to appear on YouTube on the 26th. And in March I'll be debating the existence of God as announced here. Set the odds on when I'll post again if you want to! ;-) If you're a first time visitor check out the two important books of mine in the sidebar. Cheers.

9 comments:

Chuck said...

I hate the old "earning money" canard. You do great work here John and, as someone who's avocation is creative writing and whose profession is marketing, I empathize and support the difficult tradeoffs. Be well.

Unknown said...

Take a break, you deserve it. See ya when ya get back.

Kriss

Luke said...

I can understand this. I very often think about doing the same. Enjoy your break! Can't wait for The Christian Delusion.

mikespeir said...

Slacker!

Seriously, though, I won't enjoy the hiatus. Hurry back.

Anonymous said...

It's good timing. You've been working hard, and here near the end, your debating with commenters on here who are going on about how they thought you lost a debate you were planning and adversing for, for a long time. After all that work and then having that kind of reaction would have me taking a break too. Believe me, I understand the frustrations. Just be careful, when you come back with a fresh mind - you may find yourself easily tired of trying to talk with those who refuse to agree with you.

Anonymous said...

Every blogger needs time off occasionally. I know I do! :)

Enjoy your break, but please hurry back!

BTW, what exactly is a "break"? :-;

Glenn said...

In all seriousness, are you feeling a bit burned out over what happened with Dinesh?

Anonymous said...

No Glenn it's people like you that have burned me out. I have been shot at from both sides for far too long primarily because I want to reach across the divide to Christians and speak to them using their language. Christians shoot at me because what I'm doing is effective while skeptics do so because I'm not toeing the party line.

Glenn said...

I'm flattered, but I'm pretty sure any burnout is self inflicted and not my doing!

As for "effective," I think we all have our comforting thoughts, so you can have that one. :)