Christian Books I Read that Led Me to Become a Freethinker

There are many more Christian books I read than those I list below, but the following ones stand out in my memory. I pretty much read them in the order I list them. They are all very good books, especially Van Till, Hyers, Dunn, and most importantly James Barr. If you're a Christian and you want to understand why I am a Freethinker, read them. You may see a hint of doubt in each one of them, which were cumulatively seen by me as gaping holes in the Christian faith.

























3 comments:

Jeff said...

The big one for me was Evidence that Demands a Verdict, but for different reasons than I think you listed these. I read it as a believer thinking that I was going to strengthen my apologetic abilities, and by the time I was partway through the second volume I'd begun to have doubts there was any real proof for Christianity whatsoever. So that book's weakness was something that really started me thinking.

nsfl said...

Speaking of Barr...(different one)

Anonymous said...

Why do you use the word freethinker? I guess this proves that you are proud that you, through your own reasoning and wisdom, have decided Christianity is no good.