Christian Books I Read that Led Me to Become a Freethinker

There are many more Christian books I read than those I list below, but the following ones stand out in my memory. I pretty much read them in the order I list them. They are all very good books, especially Van Till, Hyers, Dunn, and most importantly James Barr. If you're a Christian and you want to understand why I am a Freethinker, read them. You may see a hint of doubt in each one of them, which were cumulatively seen by me as gaping holes in the Christian faith.

























3 comments:

Jeff said...

The big one for me was Evidence that Demands a Verdict, but for different reasons than I think you listed these. I read it as a believer thinking that I was going to strengthen my apologetic abilities, and by the time I was partway through the second volume I'd begun to have doubts there was any real proof for Christianity whatsoever. So that book's weakness was something that really started me thinking.

D said...

Speaking of Barr...(different one)

live-n-grace said...

Why do you use the word freethinker? I guess this proves that you are proud that you, through your own reasoning and wisdom, have decided Christianity is no good.